I knew that people would probably not be celebrating our great nation’s independence by reading my blog post, so instead of putting a post up last Thursday, then waiting a whole two weeks, I decided to break it up a bit and post it on Monday, along with the usual Monday Song. Look down below this paragraph if you want to see what I wrote.
There is a recipe I just have to share with everyone. Hungarian Mushroom Soup is the hot dish at our house right now and it is just so good!!! I know I was poking fun at recipe blog posts a little while ago, but my love for this soup is making me write this post. Without further ado:
2-3 tablespoons butter
2 large onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
24 oz. white button mushrooms
4 tablespoons paprika
6 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
4 cups chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
1 cup sour cream
1) enter the kitchen
3) preheat your largest soup pot on medium heat. Melt 2-3 tblsp of butter in the pot, then add the onions.
4) sauté the onions until they are translucent, about 5 minutes, then add 2 cloves of minced garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
6) add the paprika and simmer for 10ish minutes
In a separate pot:
7) melt 6 tablespoons of butter on medium heat
8) add 4 tablespoons of butter and stir with a whisk until the butter and flour are completely mixed
9) add the milk and broth to the mixture and stir for 3-4 minutes, until it looks like this
10) combine the mixture with the mushrooms and onions in the other pot, like so…
11) simmer for 15-20 minutes, then add sour cream and stir for 2 minutes
12) look at this freakishly amazing soup!!! Look at it!! It’s SO GOOD!!!
** “Soft and Juicy” was also my nickname in high school
Don’t forget to click through the link on the left when shopping at Amazon.com, and check out the Firecat Central photo gallery at http://firecatcentral.blogspot.com/ to purchase prints of any photos featured here.
Thanks for reading, everyone!!!